Developing Academic Skills for Practice module (NB30104)
Module code: NB30104
SCQF Level: 9 (6) (Bachelors Degree)
SCQF Credits: 30 (15 ECTS)
Total student effort: 300 hours
This module is suitable for all health professionals, including nurses, midwives and allied health professionals.
This module will be delivered through online distance learning. Students will access all study materials and discussion boards through My Dundee, whilst the module is running, tutor support is given on an as required basis through email, discussion boards, and telephone.
This module aims to provide students with the opportunity to develop academic skills to inform and enhance their practice.
On successful completion of the module students will be able to:
1. Identify strengths and areas for further development in relation to academic skills.
2. Develop skills to locate, access and retrieve relevant literature in a systematic way.
3. Demonstrate an understanding of the nature of evidence and its context.
4. Develop skills of ciritcal appraisal to inform decision-making in practice.
5. Manage and communicate information in academic and practice contexts.
6. Consolidate skills required for lifelong learning.
The assessment is a patchwork text assignment based on 4 stages.
To undertake this module, students must have access to a computer and internet (preferably broadband) and have basic IT skills.
For further information, please contact the School of Health Sciences
Telephone: +44(0)1382 388534