Banking & Financial Services Law
Banking Law and Financial Markets
To examine the regulation of financial services and markets in&n a global context, with particular reference to the financial crisis and its aftermath.
Examples of content
The syllabus will evolve in line with new developments. It is envisaged that the module may comprise the following elements:
- introduction to banking and financial services regulation and the context in which the industry operates, including its recent history.
- main features of the regulation of financial services at the UK and EU level.
- substantive law relating to financial services (I): Contract and tort.
- substantive law relating to financial services (II): Property and crime.
- the interaction of financial services regulation and competition policy.