Legal Frameworks for water resource management
On this page
Legal Frameworks for Water Resource Management
The aim of this module is to develop a critical understanding of the fundamental legal principles that govern the management of national freshwaters and the factors that influence their application.
Examples of content
- relevance of fresh water management to global policy agendas, and the role of law.
- examination of demands made on governance of water resources management by global change.
- water use rights allocation mechanisms with respect to surface and ground waters around the world.
- management of pollution control with respect to surface and ground waters from point and diffuse sources.
- legal aspects of flood management, including disaster response, land use management, interface with broader water management issues, and institutional issues.
- key factors influencing effectiveness of legal frameworks relating to freshwater and dependent ecosystems.
- use of case studies.