Stay at home, save lives | Coronavirus updates and guidance
Continuing Memoir and Creative Non-Fiction
On this page
- Level 1
- Semester 2
- English - School of Humanities
- Coursework 100%
- Tuesday evening classes 18.00 to 20.00
Through critical discussion of key texts and written responses to exercises this module will develop key skills required in the refinement of a body of written project work. Weekly exercises are designed to develop new writing skills and confidence in voice, tone, style and form of written work. The aims of the module are:
- To extend knowledge and understanding of different forms of life writing including autobiographical and biographical forms through the study of key texts.
- To allow students to gain new writing skills including skills required in refining a folio of written project work.
- To build confidence in writing and presenting, discussing relevant literature, and critically reviewing creative work.
- To provide the opportunity to develop a personal writing project by working towards and producing a folio of refined writing for assessment.
Josephine Jules Andrews
Lindsay MacGregor, Eddie Small
The teaching is carried out in workshops and seminars that allow for a good deal of personal interaction and group discussion where every member of the class participates, in creating both critical and imaginative responses.
Academic support for these classes is provided via leaflets and brochures, reading materials and lists, vle and guided self-study.
- Journal (80%)
- Presentation (20%)