Lecturer and Senior Lecturer/Reader roles in the School of Medicine
Transform lives at the University of Dundee School of Medicine
We are reinvesting, and looking to appoint a number of outstanding clinical and non-clinical researchers who wish to be part of a dynamic multidisciplinary research community with a core purpose to transform lives.
The positions cover the spectrum from basic science through clinical research to more epidemiological and applied research in our key priority areas. They will be based on the University of Dundee’s Ninewells campus, co-located with Ninewells hospital (one of the largest teaching hospitals in the UK).
- Contribute to the international reputation of the School/ University of Dundee.
- Build an independent research programme by securing external funding.
- Enhance the breadth and quality of our research.
- Deliver a range of high quality academic outputs that have demonstrable wide impact.
- Supervise junior colleagues and postgraduate students.
- Contribute to the School’s research led teaching programmes.
Our School of Medicine
The School of Medicine is located just under 3 miles from Dundee's city centre at the internationally-renowned Ninewells Hospital. The majority of teaching takes place here, which means that your studies are centred around life in a working National Health Service (NHS) hospital. This clinical exposure will underpin your knowledge and ensure you develop into a well-rounded junior doctor, well prepared to practice.
Medicine at Dundee is consistently ranked in the top ten in the United Kingdom in the Guardian and Complete University Guides.
We're known for having a welcoming student community, and because students spend the majority of their time within the School, you'll get to know your peers across year groups. We have lots of student medical societies, which means you can meet with other students to learn more about branches of medicine that are of interest to you.
We are ranked:
- 2nd in Scotland and 6th in UK for Medicine (Complete University Guide 2019)
- 1st in UK for impact of Clinical Medicine Research (UK Research Excellence Framework 2014)
- 1st in UK for Biological Sciences Research (UK Research Excellence Framework 2014)
- Top 3 in UK for Overall Student Satisfaction (International Student Barometer 2017)
About the University
Alastair McCall, Editor of the Sunday Times Good University Guide, said when they named us Scottish University of the Year for the second year running, “Dundee proves it is possible to be both an outstanding teaching university and one at the cutting edge in research work.”
Learn more about us:
- Our University
- Read our prospectus (PDF)
- Dundee at a glance (PDF)
- Reports and Financial Statements (PDF)
- Economic and Social Impact (PDF)
Our recently launched Strategy places a high-performance community at the heart of everything we do and takes us forward in our next fifty years.
- Strategy to 2022
Our university at the heart of the city
Dundee occupies a stunning position on the east coast of Scotland, overlooking the River Tay, where in summer dolphins can be seen playing. The city and its surrounds offer a high quality of living. Experience city life with wide open spaces.
Take a virtual tour around our campus and see what we have to offer.
Life in Dundee
- Dundee on Lonely Planet's 10 best places to visit in Europe 2018
- Dundee: Scotland's City of Design
- Scotland's coolest city
- Where to go in 2018
- The Revival of Dundee
- Why you should visit