Thenmalar is a Statistician with the Dundee Epidemiology and Biostatistics Unit (DEBU). She graduated from the University of Glasgow with a MSc in Medical Genetics before going on to complete her PhD in Medical Genetics in 2010. She joined DEBU in October 2009 as Research Fellow in Medical Statistics.
Thenmalar works closely with Professor Peter Donnan who specializes in medical statistics and epidemiology. She is involve in providing statistical analysis and data management to health related research projects and providing statistical advices to researchers and students. Recently, Thenmalar was awarded an international award for publishing excellence in JCEM by the Endocrine Society. She was appointed to her current post in January 2013.
Lectures and conferences
- Society for Endocrinology BES 2011, Birmingham, UK, 2011
- 14th International Thyroid Congress, Paris, France, 2010
Thenmalar is involved in teaching statistic courses organized by the unit for researchers and students from different backgrounds.
- A Irving S, Vadiveloo T, Leese GP (2015). Drugs that interact with levothyroxine: an observational study from the Thyroid Epidemiology, Audit and Research Study (TEARS). Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) ;82(1):136-41.
- Feng Z, Dibben C, Witham MD, Donnan PT, Vadiveloo T, Sniehotta F, Crombie IK, McMurdo ME (2014). Dog ownership and physical activity in later life: a cross-sectional observational study. Prev Med. 66:101-6.
- Bell S, Davey P, Nathwani D, Marwick C, Vadiveloo T, Sneddon J, Patton A, Bennie M, Fleming S, Donnan PT (2014). Risk of AKI with gentamicin as surgical prophylaxis. J Am Soc Nephrol. ;25(11):2625-32.
- Witham MD, Donnan PT, Vadiveloo T, Sniehotta FF, Crombie IK, Feng Z, McMurdo ME (2014). Association of day length and weather conditions with physical activity levels in older community dwelling people. PLoS One.;9(1):e85331.
- Manson HM, Satin D, Nelson V, Vadiveloo T (2014). Ethics education in family medicine training in the United States: a national survey. Fam Med.;46(1):28-35.
- Thenmalar Vadiveloo, Peter T. Donnan, Michael J Murphy, Graham P Leese (2013). Age- and gender-specific TSH reference intervals in people with no obvious thyroid disease in Tayside, Scotland: the Thyroid Epidemiology, Audit, and Research Study (TEARS). JCEM 98(3):1147-53
- Thenmalar Vadiveloo, Gary J Mires, Peter T. Donnan, Graham P Leese (2012). Thyroid Testing In Pregnant Women with Thyroid dysfunction in Tayside, Scotland: The Thyroid Epidemiology, Audit, and Research Study (TEARS). Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 78(3):466-71.
- Marion E T McMurdo, Ishbel Argo, Iain K Crombie, Zhiqiang Feng, Falko F Sniehotta,Thenmalar Vadiveloo, Miles D Witham, Peter T Donnan (2012). Social, environmental and psychological factors associated with objective physical activity levels in the over 65s. PLoS One. 7(2):e31878
- Thenmalar Vadiveloo, Peter T. Donnan, Lynda Cochrane, Graham P Leese (2011). The Thyroid Epidemiology, Audit, and Research Study (TEARS): Morbidity in Patients with Endogenous Subclinical Hyperthyroidism. JCEM 96(5):1344-51.
- Thenmalar Vadiveloo, Peter T. Donnan, Lynda Cochrane, Graham P Leese (2011). The Thyroid Epidemiology, Audit, and Research Study (TEARS): The Natural History of Endogenous Subclinical Hyperthyroidism. JCEM 96(1):E1-8
- Vadiveloo T, Crossley J, Aitken D (2009). First-trimester contingent screening for Down syndrome can reduce the number of nuchal translucency measurements required. Prenat Diagn 29:79-82
- Deborah Shipton, David M Tappin, Thenmalar Vadiveloo, Jennifer A Crossley, David A Aitken, Jim Chalmers (2009) Reliability of self-reported smoking status by pregnant women for estimating smoking prevalence: a retrospective, cross sectional study. BMJ 339:b4347
- Zuraini, T. Vadiveloo, M. Taufik Hidayat, A.K. Arifah, M.R. Sulaiman, M.N. Somchit. Effects of neem (Azadirachta indica) leaf extracts on lipid and C-reactive protein concentrations in cholesterol-fed rats. (2006) Journal of Natural Remedies 6(2):109 – 114.