Dr. Li is a diabetologist and endocrinologist in West China Hospital, Sichuan University. He is now working as a visiting research fellow in Ninewells Hospital, University of Dundee. His research interests include but not limited to the primary prevention of cardiovascular diseases in patients with diabetes and obesity.
Management and prediction for disease progression and cardiovascular diseases in patients with diabetes
Dr. Li’s research in University of Dundee mainly focused on the HbA1c variability profiles and other clinical and genetic parameters in predicting the progression of diabetes including atherosclerotic cardiovascular diseases (ASCVD). He is also interested in other risk factors of ASCVD including adiposity, lipid profiles, adipokines and anti-diabetic agents.
Continuous management and biomarkers for type 1 diabetes
Dr. Li is now running a cohort of a continuous management of patients with type 1 diabetes in West China Hospital. In the team, we provide multidiscipline cares including medicine, education and dietetic. The cohort connected patients in social software in smartphone with routinely collected clinical information from the patients when we provide the cares. The cohort is trying to find reliable biomarker for type 1 diabetes and its complications in these patients.
Clinical management of comorbid obesity in type 2 diabetes
Dr. Li works in the multidiscipline team of bariatric surgery and helps the candidates for bariatric surgery in West China Hospital. The team is trying to find some reliable biomarkers for the response of these surgeries. Dr. Li is now working with the Obesity and Diabetes Research Group of Chinese Diabetes Society in developing a series of guidelines and concensuses for Chinese clinicians.
Dr. Li gave several undergraduate courses in West China Hospital, Sichuan University including Internal Medicine, Diagnostics and Medical English.
- Qianrui Li#, Xiaodan Li#, Joey Sum-Wing Kwong#, Hao Chen, Xin Sun, Haoming Tian*, Sheyu Li*. Diagnosis and treatment for hyperuricemia and gout: a protocol for a systematic review of clinical practice guidelines and consensus statements. BMJ Open. 2017;7(6):e014928.
- Jiali Liu#, Ling Li#, Ke Deng#, Chang Xu, Jason W. Busse, Per Olav Vandvik, Sheyu Li, Gordon H. Guyatt, Xin Sun*. Incretin based treatments and mortality in patients with type 2 diabetes: systematic review and meta-analysis. BMJ. 2017; 357: j2499.
- Jiali Liu#, Ling Li#, Sheyu Li, Pengli Jia, Ke Deng, Wenwen Chen, Xin Sun*. Effects of SGLT2 inhibitors on UTIs and genital infections in type 2 diabetes mellitus: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Sci Rep. 2017;7(1):2824.
- Qianrui Li, Haoming Tian, Sheyu Li*. Promoting compliance to practice guidelines may improve primary care for thyroid diseases. JAMA Intern Med. 2017;177(6):894-895.
- Yuan Wu, Xun Yao, Giacomo Vespasiani, Antonio Nicolucci, Yajie Dong, Joey Kwong, Ling Li, Xin Sun, Haoming Tian*, Sheyu Li*. Mobile app-based interventions to support diabetes self-management: a systematic review of randomized controlled trials to identify functions associated with glycemic efficacy. JMIR Mhealth Uhealth. 2017; 5(3): e35.
- Dan Liu#, Sheyu Li#, He He#, Chuan Yu, Xiaodan Li, Libo Liang, Yi Chen, Jianwei Li, Jianshu Li, Xin Sun, Haoming Tian, Zhenmei An*. Increased circulating full-length betatrophin levels in drug-naïve metabolic syndrome. Oncotarget. 2017;8(11):17510-17517.
- Yajie Dong#, Qingguo Lv#, Sheyu Li#, Yuan Wu, Ling Li, Juan Li, Fang Zhang, Xin Sun, Nanwei Tong*. Efficacy and safety of glucagon-like peptide-1 receptor agonists in non-alcoholic fatty liver disease: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Clin Res Hepatol Gastroenterol. 2017;41(3):284-295.
- Qianying Zhang#, Sheyu Li#, Ling Li, Qianrui Li, Kaiyun Ren, Xin Sun, Jianwei Li*. Metformin treatment and homocysteine: a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. Nutrients. 2016;8(12): 798.
- Sheyu Li#, Jia Wei#, Chenghui Zhang, Xiaodan Li, Wentong Meng, Xianming Mo, Qianying Zhang, Qilin Liu, Kaiyun Ren, Rong Du, Haoming Tian, Jianwei Li*. Cell-derived microparticles in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2016;39:2439-2450.
- Na Su#, Yun Li#, Ting Xu, Ling Li, Joey Sum-Wing Kwong, Heyue Du, Kaiyun Ren, Qianrui Li, Jianshu Li, Xin Sun, Sheyu Li*, Haoming Tian*. Exenatide in obese or overweight patients without diabetes: a systematic review and meta-analyses of randomized controlled trials. Int J Cardiol. 2016;219: 293-300.
- Sheyu Li#, Xiang Chen#, Qianrui Li#, Juan Du#, Zhimin Liu, Yongde Peng, Mian Xu, Qifu Li, Minxiang Lei, Changjiang Wang, Shaoxiong Zheng, Xiaojuan Zhang, Hongling Yu, Jinyu Shi, Shibing Tao, Ping Feng, Haoming Tian*. Effects of acetyl-L-carnitine and methylcobalamin for diabetic peripheral neuropathy: a multicenter, randomized, double-blind, controlled trial. J Diabetes Investig. 2016;7(5):777-785.
- Ling Li, Sheyu Li, Jiali Liu, Ke Deng, Jason W. Busse, Per Olav Vandvik, Evelyn Wong, Zahra N. Sohani, Malgorzata M. Bala, Lorena P. Rios, German Malaga, Shanil Ebrahim, Jiantong Shen, Longhao Zhang, Pujing Zhao, Qunfei Chen, Yingqiang Wang, Gordon H. Guyatt, Xin Sun*. Glucagon-like peptide-1 receptor agonists and heart failure in type 2 diabetes: systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized and observational studies. BMC Cardiovasc Disord. 2016;16(1):91.
- Ling Li, Sheyu Li, Ke Deng, Jiali Liu, Per Olav Vandvik, Pujing Zhao, Longhao Zhang, Jiantong Shen, Malgorzata M Bala, Zahra N Sohani, Evelyn Wong, Jason W Busse, Shanil Ebrahim, German Malaga, Lorena P Rios, Yingqiang Wang, Qunfei Chen, Gordon H Guyatt, Xin Sun*. Dipeptidyl peptidase-4 inhibitors and risk of heart failure in type 2 diabetes: a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized and observational studies. BMJ. 2016; 352: i610.
- Sheyu Li#, Dan Liu#, Ling Li, Yun Li, Qianrui Li, Zhenmei An, Xin Sun, Haoming Tian*. Circulating betatrophin in patients with type 2 diabetes: a meta-analysis. J Diabetes Res, 2016; 2016: 6194750.
- Attit Baskota#, Sheyu Li#, Niharika Dhakal, Guanjian Liu, Haoming Tian*. Bariatric surgery for type 2 diabetes mellitus in patients with BMI <30 kg/m²: a systematic review and meta-analysis. PLoS ONE, 2015; 10(7): e0132335.
- Sheyu Li, Yun Li, Haoming Tian*. Higher baseline BMI is associated with greater reduction of apnea-hypopnea index after bariatric surgery. Obes Surg, 2015;25(8):1491-1493.
- Xiafei Lyu#, Sheyu Li#, Shifeng Peng, Huimin Cai, Guanjian Liu, Xingwu Ran*. Intensive walking exercise for lower extremity peripheral arterial disease: a systematic review and meta-analysis. J Diabetes, 2016;8(3):363-377.
- Heng Quan, Huiwen Tan, Qianrui Li, Jianwei Li*, Sheyu Li*. Immunological hypoglycemia associated with insulin antibodies induced by exogenous insulin in 11 Chinese patients with diabetes. J Diabetes Res. 2015; 2015: 746271.
- Sheyu Li#, Qianrui Li#, Yun Li, Ling Li, Haoming Tian*, Xin Sun*. Acetyl-L-carnitine in the treatment of peripheral neuropathic pain: a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. PLoS ONE, 2015;10(3):e0119479. (
- Jiajie Yu, Xu Zhou, Ling Li, Sheyu Li, Jing Tan, Youping Li*, Xin Sun*. The long-term effects of bariatric surgery for type 2 diabetes: systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized and non-randomized evidence. Obes Surg. 2015;25(1):143-158.
- Qilin Liu#, Sheyu Li#, Heng Quan, Jianwei Li*. Vitamin B12 status in metformin treated patients: systematic review. PLoS One. 2014;9(6):e100379.
- Mingjun Huang, Rui Zhao, Sheyu Li, Xiaolian Jiang*. Self-management behavior in patients with type 2 diabetes: a cross-sectional survey in western urban China. PLoS One. 2014;9(4):e95138.
- Sheyu Li, Haoming Tian*. Letter: the risk of bladder cancer in Korean diabetic subjects treated with pioglitazone (diabetes metab j 2012;36:371-8). Diabetes Metab J. 2013;37(1):81-82.
- Zhuoxian Zhao, Sheyu Li, Guanjian Liu, Fangfang Yan, Xuelei Ma, Zeyu Huang, Haoming Tian*. Body iron stores and heme-iron intake in relation to risk of type 2 diabetes: a systematic review and meta-analysis. PLoS One. 2012;7(7):e41641.
- Zhuoxian Zhao#, Sheyu Li#, Li Zhang#, Xiangbing Deng, Tie Chen, Ke Zeng, Xianming Mo*. Dopamine D1 receptor gene polymorphism is associated with myocardial infarction. DNA Cell Biol. 2012;31(6):1010-1014.
- Sheyu Li#, Li Zhang#, Tie Chen#, Baochun Tian, Xiangbing Deng, Zhuoxian Zhao, Ping Yuan, Birong Dong, Yonggang Zhang, Xianming Mo*. Functional polymorphism rs189037 in the promoter region of ATM gene is associated with angiographically characterized coronary stenosis. Atherosclerosis. 2011;219(2):694-697.