Shalini graduated in medicine from the University of Delhi, India, and subsequently trained in Pharmacology to be awarded MD and DNB in 2002. Prior to joining the University of Dundee in 2009, she has worked in several premier medical colleges in India, where she was involved in research and teaching activities.
Shalini currently works with the Medical school at Dundee. She has introduced several interactive teaching workshops for senior medical students. Other than contributing actively in all pharmacology related activities throughout the medical school curriculum, she has a PG Diploma in Medical education and is progressing with her Masters. She is also a member of the Academy of Medical Educators and the AMEE MedEdWorld which is a global medical education community.
Shalini is a member of the Editorial Board, in the “Journal of Case Reports” which is an international peer reviewed journal. She is a reviewer for “Sultan Qaboos University Medical Journal” as well as on the advisory board for the “British Journal of Pharmaceutical and Medical Research”.
Shalini is passionate about teaching and considers it a real privilege to work with such dedicated and keen students.
Chapter in a Book
*Gupta S. Biological response modifiers as therapeutic tools in breast carcinoma, in New Breast Cancer Research. Chapter 4, pp79-93. Ed. By Andrew P. Yao. Published by Nova Science publishers, New York 2006.
Refereed Journal papers
- Gupta S. Promoting specific habits of mind in medical education. Journal of Research in Medical Education & Ethics. 2018 July; 8(2): 83-87. DOI: 10.5958/2231- 6728.2018.00016.1 6728.2018.00003.3
- Gupta S. Patient counselling on prescribed medication: Relevance to health-care training. Pharm Pharmacol Int J. 2018;6(4):251‒252. DOI: 10.15406/ppij.2018.06.00189
- Gupta, S. Research in medical education. Indian Journal of Medical Specialities 2018 June; 9(2): 73-76.
- Gupta, S. Social Learning in Medical Education. Br J Pharma Med Res. 2018 Feb; 3(01): 806-810.
- Gupta, S. Quality Assurance in Medical Education. Br J Pharma Med Res. (2017). Sept; 2(05): 749-752.
- *Gupta S, Tripathi CD. Current status of TNF blocking therapy in heart failure. Indian J Med Sci. 2005 Aug;59(8):363-6.
- *Gupta S, Tripathi CD. Anti-TNF-a therapy in congestive heart failure. Indian J Pharmacol 2004;36(4):257-258
- *Gupta S, Kanodia AK. Biological response modifiers in cancer therapy. Natl Med J India 2002;15:202-207
- *Gupta S, Gupta VK, Dhamija RK, Kela AK. Platelet aggregation patterns in normotensive and hypertensive subjects. Indian J Physiol Pharmacol 2002;46(3):379-382
- *Vasudev K, Kela AK, Vasudev A, Gupta S. Adverse drug reaction monitoring: Role of hospital pharmacist. Hospital Administration 2002;39:5-18