Dr Wei is a medical qualified epidemiologist and statistician. She jointed MEMO in 2000. Prior to this she worked as a research assistant in the University of Aberdeen, University of Liverpool and University of St Andrews.
Her main research area is Pharmacoepidemiology and Drug Safety Research.
- Wei L, MacDonald TM, Shimi S. Appendicitis and appendicectomy are associated with increased pregnancy rate: A cohort study. Ann Surg 2012 (in press)
- Sheng X, Murphy MJ, MacDonald TM, Wei L. Effectiveness of statins on total cholesterol and cardiovascular disease and all-cause mortality in osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis. J Rheumatol 2012 Jan;39(1):32-40. Epub 2011 Nov 1.
- Wei L, MacDonald TM, Mackenzie IS. Co-prescription of co-trimoxazole and spironolactone in elderly patients BMJ 2011 Sep 12;343:d5656. doi: 10.1136/bmj.d5656.
- †Nadir MA, †Wei L, †Elder DHJ, Libianto R, Lim TK, Maheshwar Pauriah M, Pringle SD, Doney AD, Choy AM, Struthers AD, Lang CC. Impact of Renin-Angiotensin System Blockade Therapy on Outcome in Aortic Stenosis. JACC 2011:58: 570-576 †authors contributed equally
- Wei L, Struthers AD, Fahey T, Watson AD, MacDonald TM. A population-based longitudinal analysis of spironolactone use and renal toxicity. BMJ 2010;340:c1768, doi:10.1136/bmj.c1768
- Mackenzie IS, Coughtrie MWH, MacDonald TM, Wei L. Antiplatelet drug interactions. J Intern Med. 2010:268:516-29.