Dr. Chris Wypijewski is graduated as a M.Sc. from Biochemistry Department of the Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznan (Poland) in Biology/Biochemistry. Then he gains his PhD in Molecular Biology and Biotechnology Department (Thesis title: The potyviral capsid protein as a source for resistance of transgenic plants against viral infection), becoming a lecturer within A. Mickiewicz University Biology Faculty. Then he moved to Scottish Crop Institute, Invergowrie where he continued study of gene silencing mechanisms. Since 2008 he is working in William Fuller lab at University of Dundee with interest of regulation of ion dynamics in cardiac muscle by studying protein-protein interactions, post-translational modifications (phosphorylation, palmitoylation) and subcellular localisation of proteins with special focus on caveolae.
1. Reilly L, Howie J, Wypijewski KJ, Ashford ML, Hilgemann DW, Fuller w. (2015) Palmitoylation of the Na/Ca exchanger cytoplasmic loop controls its inactivation and internalization during stress signaling. FASEB J. 2015 Nov;29(11):4532-43
2. Wypijewski KJ, Tinti M, Chen W, Lamont D, Ashford ML, Calaghan SC, Fuller W. (2015) Identification of caveolar resident proteins in ventricular myocytes using a quantitative proteomic approach: dynamic changes in caveolar composition following adrenoceptor activation. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2015 Mar;14(3):596-608
3. Howie J, Reilly L, Fraser NJ, Vlachaki Walker JM, Wypijewski KJ, Ashford ML, Calaghan SC, McClafferty H, Tian L, Shipston MJ, Boguslavskyi A, Shattock MJ, Fuller W. Substrate recognition by the cell surface palmitoyl transferase DHHC5. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2014 Dec 9;111(49):17534-9
4. Wypijewski KJ, Howie J, Reilly L, Tulloch LB, Aughton KL, McLatchie LM, Shattock MJ, Calaghan SC, Fuller W. (2013) A Separate Pool of Cardiac Phospholemman That Does Not Regulate or Associate with the Sodium Pump: Multimers of phospholemman in ventricular muscle. J Biol Chem. 288:13808-20.
5. Fuller W, Tulloch LB, Shattock MJ, Calaghan SC, Howie J, Wypijewski KJ. (2013) Regulation of the cardiac sodium pump. Cell Mol Life Sci. 70:1357-80