Dr McConville is an academic general practitioner. Graduating at the University of Dundee (MBChB, 1998). He also holds DRCOG, DFSRH, FRCGP and a Masters in Medical Education. He has worked as a previous GPSI in substance misuse and for SIGN (Obesity) guidelines development.
His research interests are in mental health, performance management and medical education. He has worked for the University in various teaching & leadership roles across the medical education spectrum since August 2011.
Currently working towards a Doctorate in Education exploring the identity formation of the GP trainer
- MCCONVILLE, K. 2007. Stumbling blocks to extended access. GP Med Economics.
- MCCONVILLE, K. 2007. The role of behavioural change in the treatment of obesity. Prescriber, Supplement.
- SCOTTISH INTERCOLLEGIATE GUIDELINES NETWORK. 2010. Management of obesity : a national clinical guideline, Edinburgh, Scottish Intercollegiate Guidelines Network.
- MUIR, F., SCOTT, M., MCCONVILLE, K., WATSON, K., BEHBEHANI, K. & SUKKAR, F. 2014. Taking the learning beyond the individual: how reflection informs change in practice. Int J Med Educ, 5, 24-30.
- MUIR, F., MCCONVILLE, K. & MCPARTLIN, R. 2015. Doctor: what's inside my body? Clin Teach, 12, 356-7.
- Year 1-3 General Practice Theme lead
- Module lead Masters in MSc in Diabetes, Care, Education & Management and Postgraduate Certificate in Urgent Car
- AHSP Primary Medical Care Lead
- Callaghan B and McConville K. (2018) The Tattooed Doctor: An Exploration of the Perceptions of Medical Students and Medical School Staff. MedEdPublish 7(1).
- SIGN (2010). Management of Obesity – a national clinical guideline (member of SIGN Guideline Development Group), 26th October 2007: Stumbling blocks to extended access. GP Med Economics
- McConville, K., (2007). The role of behavioural change in the treatment of obesity. Prescriber (supplement) May 2007
- McConville, K.,Developments in Asthma in Primary Care. Available www.doctors.org.uk