Since joining the Health Informatics Centre in 2012 I have been involved in the data management for the Scottish Medical Education Research Consortium (SMERC) and the Scottish Person Centred Interventions Collaboration (ScoPIC).
I am the lead developer of the Tayside Randomisation System (TRuST) providing randomisation and stock management for clinical trials managed by Tayside Clinical Trials Unit (TCTU).
Having previously completing the undergraduate degree in Applied Computing, I remained within the School of Computing, University of Dundee for 9 years joining the healthcare group as a research assistant/software developer focussing on the development of usable software tools to support healthcare research. The software I developed included mobile phone interventions, decision aids, information websites, web-based questionnaires and behaviour change interventions in areas such obstetrics, cancer, hypertension, dentistry and depression.
My research interests include:
Applying computing to healthcare related projects, working in multidisciplinary teams, focusing on user centred design techniques with early and continuous user involvement.
Empowering users through the creation of usable software tools thus removing the reliance of non-programmers on professional software developers.
Part-time PhD – The Exploration of a Graphical User Interface (GUI) to facilitate the Creation of Interactive Health Communication applications.
Lectures and conferences
- Jones C, Treweek S, Ricketts IW, LogicBlocks: A Graphical User Interface to Facilitate Intervention Logic. Teesside University, Middlesbrough, 19th April 2013
- Jones C, Treweek S, A web-based intervention modelling experiment (WIME) using LifeGuide. Teesside University, Middlesbrough, 19th April 2013
- Jones C, Treweek S, Ricketts IW, A web-based intervention modelling experiment (WIME) using LifeGuide: Observations. . Teesside University, Middlesbrough, 19th April 2013
- Jones C, Treweek S, Ricketts IW, LogicBlocks: Web-Based Health Intervention Creation - No Programmer Required. Division of Health Psychology, British Psychological Society, London. 1st November, 2012
- Jones C, Treweek S, A web-based intervention modelling experiment (WIME) using LifeGuide. Division of Health Psychology, British Psychological Society, London. 1st November, 2012
- Jones C, Ricketts I, Treweek S. LogicBlocks: Web-Based Health Intervention Creation: No Programmer Required. Scottish School of Primary Care Annual Conference, Glasgow, UK, 24th-25th April 2012
- Treweek S, Barnett K, MacLennan G, Bonetti D, Eccles M, Francis J, Jones C, Pitts NB, Ricketts IW, Weal M, Sullivan F. Is an email invitation a more effective strategy for recruiting GPs than a postal invitation? Scottish School of Primary Care Annual Conference, Glasgow, UK, 24th-25th April 2012
- Shaun Treweek, Frank Sullivan, Jill Francis, Ian Ricketts, Martin Eccles, Debbie Bonetti, Graeme Maclennan, Nigel Pitts, Claire Jones, Karen Barnett, Mark Weal, Web-based intervention modelling experiments: a way of exploring primary care interventions before a full-scale trial, Scottish School of Primary Care Conference, Edinburgh, April, 2011
- C Jones, I W Ricketts & S Treweek, A visual tool enabling healthcare researchers to design, deliver and evaluate web-based interventions questionnaires and multimedia resources, NRP Symposium, Dundee, Jan 2011
- C Jones, I W Ricketts, S Treweek, A tool to support the development, delivery, modelling and evaluation of complex interventions: Web-based Intervention Modelling Experiments (WIMEs), Sociotechnical issues in Healthcare SICSA Conference, Glasgow April 2010
- Ian W Ricketts, Thomas Nind, Claire Jones, Gerry Humphris, Brian Williams, Jon Dowel, Jeremy Wyatt, Consultation and development for the integration of recording software in general practice software, Scottish School of Primary Care Conference, Carnoustie Golf Hotel, 23 January 2008
- C Jones, I Ricketts, DiAMOND – Decision Aid for Mode of Next Delivery – Social Dimensions of Health Institute Healthcare Showcase 2007
- Irvine L, Falconer DW, Jones C, Ricketts IW, Williams B, et al. (2012) Can Text Messages Reach the Parts Other Process Measures Cannot Reach: An Evaluation of a Behavior Change Intervention Delivered by Mobile Phone? PLoS ONE 7(12): e52621. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0052621
- S. Treweek, K. Barnett, G. MacLennan, D. Bonetti, M.EP. Eccles, J.J. Francis, C. Jones, N.B. Pitts, I. W. Ricketts M. Weal and F. Sullivan, "E-mail invitations to general practitioners were as effective as postal invitations and were more efficient”, Journal of Clinical Epidemiology (2012), Elsevier, pp.1-5. doi: 10.1016/j.jclinepi.2011.11.010. ISSN: 0895-4356
- S. Treweek, I. W. Ricketts, J. Francis, M. Eccles, D. Bonetti, N. B. Pitts, G. MacLennan, F. Sullivan, C. Jones, M. Weal and K. Barnett , "Developing and evaluating interventions to reduce inappropriate prescribing by general practitioners of antibiotics for upper respiratory tract infections: A randomised controlled trial to compare paper-based and web-based modelling experiments” , Implementation Science, 6(16) (2011). doi: 10.1186-5908-6-16.
- C. L. Emmett, D. J. Murphy, R. R. Patel, T. Fahey, C. Jones, I. W. Ricketts, P. Gregor, M. MacLeod and A. A. Montgomery, "Decision making about mode of delivery after previous caesarean section: development and piloting of two computer-based decision aids", Health Expectations, 10 (2007), Blackwell Publishing, pp.161-172. ISSN: doi.10.111/j.1369.7625.2006.004.29.x.
- A. A. Montgomery, C. L. Emmett, T. Fahey, C. Jones, I. W. Ricketts, R. R. Patel, T. J. Peters and D. J. Murphy, "Two decision aids for mode of delivery among women with previous caesarean section: randomised controlled trial", British Medical Journal, 334 (2007), pp.1305-1309. ISSN: doi:10.1136/bmj.39217.671019.55
- C. L. Emmett, ARG Shaw, A. A. Montgomery, D. J. Murray, P. Gregor, C. Jones and I. W. Ricketts and the DIAMOND study group, “Women’s experience of decision making about mode of delivery after a previous caesarean section: the role of health professionals and information about health risks", International Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology (2006), Blackwell Publishing, pp.1438-1445. ISSN: 1471-0528
- C. Jones, L. McIver, L. Gibson and P. Gregor, "Experiences obtained from designing with children", Interaction Design and Children 2003 (2003) (Eds. S. MacFarlane, T. Nicol, J. C. Read and L. C. Snape), pp.69-74. 1-3 July, Preston, England. ISBN: 1 58113 732X