The Library and Learning Centre subscribes to Box of Broadcasts (BoB) the online-off-air Television and Radio recording service, and as a member of ‘Learning on Screen’ we hold a current ERA Licence which permits our staff and students to record programmes (within the UK only) via BoB, from more than 65 free-to-air channels, and allows you to search the BoB archives. Access is provided via the LLC A-Z of Eresources page under the title ‘Box of Broadcasts’ for ‘on/or off campus access’ login with your University of Dundee username and password.
- For more help using BoB please refer to their online video tutorials. Or refer to their Frequently Asked Questions page at: https://learningonscreen.ac.uk/ondemand/help.php/faq
- BoB works across desktop, iOS and Android devices.
- Provides media records based on the TRILT metadata, supporting more powerful searching capabilities.
- Coverage includes a permanent archive of content from nine channels: BBC1 London / BBC2 / BBC4 / ITV London / Channel 4 / More4 / Channel 5 / BBC Radio 4 / BBC Radio 4 Extra.
- Shows Thumbnail previews on search results.
- Allows you to preview clips before saving.
- Allows you to label your own clips.
- Sends personalised email alerts when programmes are ready to view.
- Provides detailed citation data.
TRILT – as part of our BoB subscription, University of Dundee staff and students once signed in, can also access the metadata within the TRILT (Television and Radio Index for Learning & Teaching) database, which lists more than 475 TV and Radios channels with data from 1995 onwards, and highlights programmes for which a DVD copy may be requested if available (via the highlighted TRILT link above).
For all Featured Resources