Season's Greetings from the staff of the Library & Learning Centre (LLC).
The Main Library will be open throughout the Christmas and New Year period (9.00am to midnight) including Christmas Day, Boxing Day, New Year's Day and Wednesday 2 January. There will also be 24 hour access to the Robertson Trust Medical Library at Ninewells Hospital.
- The Main Library will be open Saturday 22 December to Wednesday 2 January inclusive
- Staff and students should have their ID/matriculation card, and other Library members should have their LLC membership card, to open the security gates
- Non-members should provide photo ID (e.g. passport or driving licence) and some recent document bearing their name and address (e.g. a utilities bill), and apply for a Vacation Visitor pass
- There will be no LLC Help Services or UoD IT Service Desk assistance from 5.00pm on Friday 21 December until 8.45am on Thursday 3 January
- It will not be possible to borrow or renew a locker key
- It will not be possible to join the Library.
- The Medical Library will be open only via swipe access from 4.45pm on Thursday 20 December until 8.45am on Thursday 3 January
- Applications for swipe access to the Medical Library must be received by 5.00pm on Tuesday 18 December.
- DJCAD Library and Kirkcaldy Campus Library close at 5.00pm on Friday 21 December for the holidays.
Ask the Library
- Our live chat service Ask the Library will be available throughout the Christmas and New Year period. However, from 4.00pm on Friday 21 December until 9.00am on Thursday 3 January, chats will be answered by librarians who are not based in Dundee. Any enquiries which require a follow-up from Library staff in Dundee will be dealt with on Thursday 3 January.
- No new requests will be processed between Monday 17 December and Thursday 3 January.
- The Research Services Office of the Library & Learning Centre will be operating a reduced service in in the week leading up to the start of the holiday period (17 to 21 December). During this time, all services offered by the Office, including processing of Article Processing Charges for Open Access publication, validation of Research Theses, and allocation of Digital Object Identifiers for datasets and publications, may not be dealt with as promptly as usual.