Library and Learning Centre Services During the Industrial Strike Action of 18 April to 15 May 2022
Published On Tue 12 Apr 2022
It is anticipated that significant numbers of LLC staff will engage in the industrial action planned over 28 days from 18 April to 15 May 2022. This will impact on many LLC services and on the opening of some Library sites.
During the strike period the following opening hours aim to be achieved (but remain subject to change):
Open Mon to Fri - 8 am to Midnight
Open Sat & Sun - 9 am to Midnight
The Main Library will close at midnight on 15 May, reopening at 8 am on 16 May.
Open 24/7 to those with swipe card access
Open Monday – Thursday 8:30 am to 9 pm, Friday 8:30 am to 5 pm, Saturday 10 am to 2 pm. (subject to staff availability).
Closed apart from:
Tuesday 11 am to 1 pm open for book collection only
Thursday 11 am to 1 pm open for book collection only
Other LLC support and communications may experience delays or reduced service:
- Requests and holds for physical items will not be fulfilled, but books are still available on the Library shelves for self-issue.
- Books returned to the Main Library will be processed and replaced on shelves where possible.
- Inter Library Loans and book transfers between Library sites will not be available.
- The Library Chat service and Main Library Infozone will offer reduced services.
- Email support requests may take longer than normal to receive a response.
- No SCONUL Access applications will be processed during the Industrial Action.
For anyone with mobility or other challenges and unable to access the physical shelves, Library staff will be available to provide support and collection of specific items. Please make these enquiries directly to the staff on duty in the Main Library.
We appreciate your understanding as we continue to support your studies during this time.