- Shut Up and Write!
An informal academic writing group, open to staff and postgraduate students, meeting on the first Wednesday of every month.
Need to write a thesis chapter, research grant proposal, conference paper, literature review, book chapter, essay, the novel you always wanted to start? It doesn't matter what; if you just need a place to sit and write, without interruption, with other people who are writing, then join with us.
How it works:
- We all arrive with our notes, ideas, laptop, tablet, pen and paper.
- We have a 5 minute chat.
- We write for 30 minutes, in silence. No emails. No texts. No social media. The silent activity of the rest of the group gives you incentive to write.
- We have a 10 minute break to stretch your legs, get a drink , chat to someone in the group.
- We write for another 30 minutes. We end, then chat about what we have achieved in the time.
- We agree to meet next month!
We hope to continue this in the next semester, beginning Wednesday 4 October - watch this space for updates!
No need to book, just turn up on the day.