The Library & Learning Centre (LLC) is committed to working on the continual improvement of our services. As part of the ongoing process, in March 2019, the Service Delivery Division (LLC) has achieved Customer Service Excellence (CSE) accreditation and is the first sector of the University of Dundee to achieve this award.
Customer Service Excellence standard has been developed to acknowledge excellence in public services. To gain the award, the Service Delivery Division (LLC) demonstrated
Our initial assessment highlighted six areas of Compliance Plus, where we exceeded the standard expected, and only four areas of partial compliance which we can work towards to further enhance our performance.
“The ethos across Service Delivery is clearly one aimed at supporting students in their studies through ensuring the right resources are available, helping them to find those resources and to engage with them to help them get the best out of the Library and Learning Centre” Assessment Report from M Assessment Services
Our Compliance Plus elements were as follows:
- Our insight about our customer groups which helps us understand their needs and preferences.
- How we have made positive changes to services as a result of analysing customer experience.
- The empowerment of our staff to actively promote and participate in the customer-focused culture of our organisation.
- Our customer-focused recruitment processes and staff training
- Our partnership working aimed at enhancing the student experience by co-ordinating services.
- How we demonstrate that we deliver the service we promise, and that the outcomes are positive for the majority of our customers.
To maintain the award, we will be assessed each year by evidencing our continual service improvements.
We value your comments and suggestions on our services and together with our Engagement and Consultation strategy, provide various channels for customer feedback. Our Service Standards underpin our Customer Charter and User Contract. Our Service Standards are monitored, reviewed, and results reported regularly in order to continually improve the delivery of a quality Library service. By quality, we refer to the provision of a friendly, knowledgeable and timely service that satisfies our users needs.