1st in Scotland large

Congratulations to all in LLC & CI in achieving very positive recognition by our graduating students in the 2018 National Student Survey. 

You have ranked us 1st in Scotland and 2nd in the UK for Library Resources in this years survey.  

The specific question was:

“19. The library resources (e.g. books, online services and learning spaces) have supported my learning well.”

 30% of final year Dundee students answered “Mostly agree” and 62% answered “Definitely agree”. Combined, this gave us a score of 92% satisfaction (second equal in the UK, top in Scotland) and only exceeded by Leeds at 93%. Also noteworthy is our 62% of “Definitely agree” was the highest for a non-specialist institution in the UK. 

We continue to identify and develop new ways to improve services and respond to student expectations. In our recent planning activities, we noticed that we often have to anticipate students expectations. In the last year we have opened the renovated mid-floor and we have development work underway in Kirkcaldy and DJCAD Libraries. We are beginning the planning for further renovations on the top floor of the Main Library. Recently we have extended year round opening for the Main Library to at least midnight on every day of the year.  

We always try to work by the ethos of keeping the Student First and we thank you for all the feedback we receive.