Dundee Law School is internationally recognised for its teaching and research. At Dundee, small group teaching (max 20 students per class) is favoured. This means that you will have direct access to renowned authorities. You will be taught by leading experts with first-hand knowledge of the law. Our teaching staff regularly advises governments as well as international and non-governments organisations and participate in proceedings before international courts and tribunals.
Our teaching staff:
- Have advised litigants in proceedings before the International Court of Justice, the International Tribunal for the Law of the Sea, the Permanent Court of Arbitration, the Court of Justice of the EU and numerous domestic courts
- Have acted as advisers or consultants to international organisations, such as the European Commission and the European Parliament or to NGOs such as the WWF, The Hague Conference on Private International Law, Friends of the Earth and Christian Aid
- Have worked in leading law firms or as legal advisors to states and international organisations and drafted reports on issues such as human rights, international civil procedure, international and European family law, sanctions regimes and international humanitarian law
- Have been Members of the Permanent Court of Arbitration’s Panel of Arbitrators
Our teaching staff:
- Have published leading textbooks
- Have taught all over the world, including at the Universities of Aberdeen, Cape Town, Copenhagen, Durham, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Kobe, La Sabana, LSE, Panthéon-Sorbonne, Toulouse I, Tromsø, UCL
- Are members of prestigious editorial boards, such as the board of the British Year Book of International Law, the International Journal of Marine and Coastal Law and Law, Science and Policy
- Have contributed to leading research projects, such as the United Kingdom Materials on International Law, the ICRC Customary International Law project and International Law in Domestic Courts
All staff at Dundee University is dedicated to teaching:
- Dundee has been ranked No. 1 in Scotland for six years running by the Times Higher Education Student Experience Survey (2010 - 2015)
- Dundee was named Scottish University of the Year in The Times & Sunday Times Good University Guide 2016
Our staff are regularly nominated by students for the University’s student led teaching awards.