Whether you'd like to learn a specific program, or just improve your IT skills, we have a range of in-person and online training available.
All staff are required to complete the University's mandatory Information Security Awareness Training module in My Dundee under My Organisations.
Training for staff and postgraduate students
IT offer on-campus workshops through the University's OPD Programme
- Advanced Excel (functions, tricks and short-cuts)
- Microsoft Publisher
- Mind mapping using MindView6 Business
- Email management (how to manage your inbox)
- Masterclass (creating dashboards in Excel)
- Advanced Word Funtions
- Microsoft OneNote Overview
- Microsoft Powerpoint
- TIC (Timetabling into Calendars) training
- Masterclass (PivotTables)
- Masterclass (PowerPivots)
- Basic Excel Functions
- Basic Word Functions
- iGrasp (eRecruitment) training for recruiters
- Securing your data
Other IT related workshops are available. Non-IT University professionals or external training providers deliver these.
Book your place
Staff and postgraduate students can book any of these courses via the Organisational and Professional Development web pages
Online training materials