A service that helps you and the University ensure information is safe and secure on phones and tablets. It's delivered as an app called Microsoft Intune Company Portal.
What does the Company Portal app do?
- Enforces the following security measures (if not already on)
- Strong four-digit pin (minimum)
Your compliance with University Policy is then reported to the University.
- Gives you access to a device management portal
- This lets you wipe your device online if it's lost or stolen so nobody can access the work information stored on it
- In very rare and only under exceptional circumstances, the University can execute a remote wipe of your device - this is a controlled method with multiple layers of approval needed
Do I need to use Secure Mobile Working?
This service applies to staff and postgraduate research students classified as staff. You can't setup the email app without first installing the Company Portal app.
I have a University-provided phone/tablet
Having the app is mandatory on corporate devices.
I use my own phone/tablet to access work information
You are strongly recommended to install the app.
I've chosen not to install it on my own device
You can only access your email and work information by browser.
- Do not download attachments (save offline)
- Do not save passwords
- Consider using incognito (private browsing)
If you use another way to get email or work information on your phone/tablet this will place you in breach of University Policy. We will hold you personally responsible should any University data be lost from your unprotected device.
Will the app work on the mobile device I have?
|Work with app||Don't work with app|
Latest OS is always recommended
Contact the Service Desk if your University-provided device is incompatible with the app.
What information can/can't IT see on my device?
|Can't see||Can see|
Call and web history
- Setup Secure Mobile Working (Company Portal app) on android
- Setup Secure Mobile Working (Company Portal app) on iOS
- Uninstall Secure Mobile Working (Company Portal app)
Need more help?
- Service Desk
- +44 (0)1382 388000