International College Dundee (ICD) offers international students the opportunity to study the first stage of an integrated four-year degree at undergraduate level, or an integrated Master’s degree at postgraduate level.
In your first year with us, you will study subject-specific modules – as well as English language skills – before continuing on to study directly with the University of Dundee for the remainder of your degree.
Arriving at ICD: What you need to know
What do you need to do in order to start your studies? The pre-arrival handbook has some helpful suggestions and guidance on what to do next.
International College Dundee is operated by Oxford International Education Group in partnership with the University of Dundee.
Oxford International is an accredited private education provider that runs colleges, schools and study centres across the UK and North America to help international students achieve academic success.
The Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education (QAA) is an independent body entrusted with monitoring and advising on standards and quality in UK higher education. It is dedicated to checking that the three million students working towards a UK qualification get the higher education experience they are entitled to expect.
International College Dundee (ICD) underwent an educational oversight monitoring visit by the QAA in June 2019 and received a final report.
Judgements from this are summarised below and the full report can be accessed using the link provided.
The QAA panel formed the following judgement about International College Dundee:
- Confidence can be placed in International College Dundee's management of its responsibilities for academic standards, as set out in its contractual arrangements with its academic partner
- Confidence can be placed in International College Dundee's management and enhancement of the quality of learning opportunities
- Reliance can be placed on the information that International College Dundee produces for its intended audiences about the learning opportunities it offers
The QAA panel identified the following features of good practice at International College Dundee:
- The students' access to university learning resources, including specialist facilities, supports student learning
- The rigorous tracking of students in the College and University provides the College with information to enhance learning opportunities
Quality Assurance Agency Action Plan
The following Action Plan has been published in response to the above report.