RIS resources for researchers
- PRF - Project Registration Form
- MTA - Material Transfer Agreement
- IDF - Invention Disclosure Form
- Funding for Research - Visit RESEARCHconnect
- Work with industry - KTPs, consultancy and collaboration opportunities, including live industry requests
- Orla Kelly, June 2017
- Joanne Butterworth, June 2017
- Grant Davidson, April 2017
RIS in the media
RIS, sponsors of the Courier Business Awards 2017
We're excited to be sponsoring the Enterprise in Education Award at this year's Courier Business Awards, being held in the Apex, Dundee, on 28th October 2017.
Entries for the awards closed at the end of June, and the shortlist will be announced in August or September... watch this space! Good luck to all who entered.
Join us to celebrate on the night - buy tickets for the Awards Ceremony at:
Innovation & IP Special Report - The Herald, 19 May 2017
The University of Dundee featured in a Special Report in Innovation and IP in The Herald. As one of Europe's universities that's doing the most to advance science, invent new technologies, and help drive the global economy (Reuters 2017), this report highlighted our successes in innovation, including:
- our excellent spinouts, such as STAR-Dundee and Exscientia
- our strategic collaborations, with world-leading pharamaceutical companies and local businesses, e.g. Rautomead
- our impact; we're consistently one of the Top 20 universities in the UK when it comes to citations
- our ability to identify, protect, manage and exploit the University's intellectual property
Read part of our contribution here - Success in innovation: A University perspective
RIS at events
The University of Dundee's growing relationship with CERN
At the end of March, Diane and Orla from RIS joined a delegation from the University on a visit to CERN. This was a great opportunity to see the impact of developments from Prof Amin Abdolvand's research group on the future of the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) at CERN. Our relationship with CERN continues to grow, and we look forward to more opportunities for collarboation in the near future.
- Read more about the Laser Engineered Structured Surfaces (LESS) work here
- Follow @UoDRIS on twitter for the latest on #DundeeatCERN
RIS at ARMA, UKRO and Science & Innovation Conferences
We were busy in June, meeting with our counterparts in universities and other organisations throughout the UK to talk research funding, policy, innovation and our future in Europe. Jillian Balfour and Daniela Bolle attended the ARMA Conference in Liverpool; the aim of the conference is to promote excellence in research management and administration. Daniela also participated in the Science & Innovation Conference at the QEII Centre in London, while Grant Davidson is attending the UK Research Office Conference at the Centre for Life in Newcastle upon Tyne.
RIS at BioDundee 2017
We took part in the 17th BioDundee International Conference in May 2017, joining the discussion on One Health - The Solution?
RIS at international IP and licensing events
Our IP Manager Richard Gregson attended the Licensing Executives Society International Annual Conference in Paris at the end of April. He explored the changing world of innovation and intellectual property - the IP revolution! Find out more about #LESI2017 by visiting the LESI website.
We also joined Praxis Unico at their Practical Licensing event. Rachel Simpson, Technology Transfer Manager, met with other tech transfer professionals from across the UK.
RIS and the Global Challenges Research Fund
We hosted a workshop on the Government's £1.5bn Global Challenges Researh Fund on 21st March 2017, bringing together researchers from across the University to make new networks and discuss ways of working together to address global challenges in low and middle income countries.
- Ten partnership building projects have been awarded internal Pump-Priming Funding. Read more on the One Dundee blog: Global Challenges Research Fund (GCRF) Pump Priming Awards
- Jillian Balfour, Research Development Officer in RIS, and Margaret Teven, Head of Research Impact and Culture, attended the ARMA Understanding GCRF event on 25th April 2017 to explore the key challenges being faced with the onset of the Global Challenges Research Fund (GCRF) agenda.
- Visit our Funding for Research page for more information.
RIS at the European Robotics Forum 2017
In March, we supported University Technology at the European Robotics Forum (#ERF2017). Many of our researchers focus on human-computer interaction, colour perception, design for disability, internet of things, and more.
RIS contribution to template agreements
Pauline Cheung, Contracts Manager in RIS, has been working with her counterparts in universities across Scotland to compile template agreements, including confidentiality agreements and collaborative research agreements, for use by universities and industry partners. These agreements simplify the technology transfer process, enabling companies to quickly and easily access the best research and technology ideas from Scotland's universities.
- Take a look at the Scottish University Agreements
The benefits of the agreements have been recognised by universities outside Scotland, influencing the new agreements established by the UK's Brunswick Group of research intensive universities. Read more about it on this Praxis Unico guest blog: Research Contracts - a work in progress