The University of Dundee has a range of opportunities for licensing or collaboration from our extensive research activities.
We are the most innovative university in Scotland in 2016, highlighting our experience in knowledge exchange: helping businesses translate our state-of-the-art research into new products and services. We welcome contact from organisations interested in developing, licensing or exploiting our opportunities.
Medical devices and techniques
- A novel “intelligent” Radio Frequency Ablation (RFA) device – safe, versatile, tumour specific and precise
- Multipurpose, novel, nanocomposite coatings for medical devices
- Novel, highly effective sinus drainage system
- Optically guided device for improved accuracy of tissue biopsy
- Talus prosthesis
- Novel chemical probes of epigenetic protein function
- snoMEN®: a novel, highly efficient system for gene silencing
- Novel strategy for the prevention/ treatment of Ichthyosis Vulgaris and related disorders
- Pre-clinical mouse model for filaggrin-based disorders
Cancer, diabetes, heart disease, neurodegenration
- Activity based probe for Parkinson’s and other diseases
- Blocking substrate recruitment by DHHC-protein acyl transferase enzymes for therapeutic gain
- Drug repurposing candidate for the effective treatment of angina symptoms
- New Parkinson’s disease biomarkers
- Novel, validated biomarker for vascular endothelial function
- Treatment for myocardial ischaemia
Adjuvants and repurposing
Easy Access is a UK initiative offering the rights of certain types of university intellectual property at no cost, to enable companies to rapidly evaluate IP and put it to use. Using quick and simple licence agreements, Easy Access fast-tracks the transfer of knowledge and expertise from universities to industry.
Technology and Knowledge Exchange Marketing Manager+44 (0)1382 381889