Benefits of a GLA
- You'll be in a paid job and won’t accumulate any student debt.
- You'll gain your qualification with the University of Dundee, Scottish University of the Year in The Times/Sunday Times Good University Guide 2016 and 2017.
- Instead of thinking about how things might happen in the real world, you'll be putting your learning into practice right away. You'll solve problems on real projects in the business you are working in.
- If you are looking to return to work after a break, or change career this is an excellent way for you to do it.
- The course is designed by industry, for industry – so you can be confident that what you learn is relevant, and right for the job you're in.
Would I be an employee or a student?
You would be a student and a full-time employee. You will be spending about 80% of your time with your employer. You will spend the rest of your time with the university. You'll be a matriculated full-time student at University of Dundee, so you can access facilities and benefits the same as any other student.
How long does the course take?
The honours degree-level course takes 4 years to complete.
What qualifications do I need?
The University of Dundee requires you to have BBBC at higher including 2 science or engineering subjects or equivalent. Other apprenticeships, HNC, HND and professional qualifications will also be considered. The University of Dundee will work closely with you throughout the admissions process and be able to provide guidance on a case by case basis.
Do I have to pay tuition fees?
No, your learning is funded so there is no cost to you. Any arrangement about books, materials and travel will be between you and your employer.
Am I eligible for a student loan?
As a paid employee, you wouldn’t be eligible for SAAS funding. There may be other grants and bursaries available to you.
What happens if my employer terminates my employment before completing my GLA?
If your employer can no longer keep you in employment, you’ll have the option to continue your apprenticeship with another employer, where available, or to join a related course at University of Dundee. Skills Development Scotland will be involved to provide support.
How do I apply for a Graduate Level Apprenticeship?
To apply for these programmes you must first be nominated by your employer. If your existing employer might wish to support you through the programme please ask them to contact our Industry Liaison Officer:
Tel: 01382 384787
If you don’t already have suitable employment many businesses do recruit to fill these apprenticeships. Employers currently recruiting for Graduate Level Apprentices are advertised on Apprenticeships.scot
If you do have any further queries please email firstname.lastname@example.org