The University of Dundee has a range of opportunities for licensing or collaboration from our extensive research activities.
Our research is top ranked in the UK for influencing innovation, and we are Scotland's 'Most Innovative University', highlighting our experience in knowledge exchange: helping businesses translate our state-of-the-art research into new products and services. We welcome contact from organisations interested in collaborating with us and developing, licensing or exploiting our opportunities.
One page, non-confidential summaries of our collaboration and licensing opportunities
Medical devices and techniques
- A novel “intelligent” Radio Frequency Ablation (RFA) device – safe, versatile, tumour specific and precise
- Multipurpose, novel, nanocomposite coatings for medical devices
- Optically guided device for improved accuracy of tissue biopsy
- Talus prosthesis
- In vitro bacterial infection diagnostic test
Cancer, diabetes, heart disease, neurodegeneration
- Activity based probe for Parkinson’s and other diseases
- Blocking substrate recruitment by DHHC-protein acyl transferase enzymes for therapeutic gain
- New Parkinson’s disease biomarkers
Adjuvants and repurposing
Expertise in Construction and Built Environment
Research and innovation within Construction and Built Environment is a focus for many of our researchers:
Expertise in Engineering, Technology and Design
Many of our researchers across Engineering, Computing and Art & Design focus their work on innovation in technology and design.
Easy Access is a UK initiative offering the rights of certain types of university intellectual property at no cost, to enable companies to rapidly evaluate IP and put it to use. Using quick and simple licence agreements, Easy Access fast-tracks the transfer of knowledge and expertise from universities to industry.
Research Integrity Training Resource
The University has produced a Research Integrity resource that is available to license:
Responsible and Ethical Practice in Research and Publication is an online video-based training course designed to promote researcher awareness and engagement with research integrity issues. The course includes:
- Responsible & ethical conduct of research
- Ethical approval and practice
- Plagiarism & recycling research outputs
- Collaborative research & data management
- Peer review & publication ethics
Find out more here: Research Integrity Online Modules
If you want to discuss how to collaborate with the University of Dundee, contact:
Technology and Knowledge Exchange Marketing Manager+44 (0)1382 381889