- M.Phil (Delhi)
- Ph.D (Delhi)
- Tutor at the Asian Studies Department, University of Edinburgh, May - August 2011 - intensive Japanese back-up course
- Examiner in Japanese interpretation at the Institute of Linguists, London, 2001-present
- Lecturer and Module Tutor at Dundee Business School, University of Abertay Dundee, 1998-2010
- Tutor at Languages, the School of Humanities, University of Dundee, 1997 -present
- Tutor at the School of Modern Languages, University of St. Andrews, 1997 - 2001
- Examiner Responsible (Chief Examiner) in Japanese at the International Baccalaureate, Cardiff, 1996 – 2000
- Examiner in Japanese for GCSE and GCE, EDEXCEL Foundation/Pearson, 1992-present
- Assessor in Japanese for GCSE, EDEXCEL Foundation, 1992-1996
- Lecturer, Head of Japanese Language, at the Faculty of Languages & European Studies, University of the West of England, Bristol, 1992 - 1997
- Lecturer at the Department of Continuing Education, University of Bristol, 1991 - 1997
Rie teaches Japanese modules at levels 1 to 3 on our Languages for All programme.
Research & Scholarship
Rie has an interest in Japanese Buddhism.
- A Comparative Study of the Tathagatayuh-pramana-parivarta and its Chinese Versions (Suvarnaprabhasa-sutra) by International Academy of Indian Culture, New Delhi, 1983, Sata-pitaka Series vol. 331 (Last edited in 2002)