- Les L (Licence es Lettres), Lille University
- CTMLA (Certificate in Teaching Modern Languages to Adults), Dundee
- MEd. Open University
- Member of HEA
- 2007 - Full-time lecturer in French, Dundee University
- 1999-2007 Full-time Teaching Fellow in French and Joint coordinator of the Languages for All Programme, Dundee University
- 1992-1999 Part-time Teaching Fellow in French, Dundee University
- 1977-1984 Personal Assistant (Secretarial)
Main current administrative roles
- Coordinator of the Languages for All Programme
- Joint coordinator of the SSC in French
- Joint coordinator of the Special Study Component in French for medical students.
- All UG French courses (Beginners to Honours)
- Languages for All Stages 5/6/7 and Stage 2 January class
- Culture Units (Migration and History) in French
- Student participation
- History of the French language
- French migration
- Development of on-line language learning material
- "A vos marques!": an accelerated French course book for beginners and near beginners published in March 1999, (Routledge) written with Sandy Tippett-Spirtou and Alison Andrews.
- "Teach yourself French Grammar" (functional approach), (Hodder & Stoughton), written with Dr. R. Adamson and published end of August 1998. New edition published in 2003. Third edition - "French Grammar you really need to know" published 2012.