Being Human Festival 2019: The Aquatic City
The Aquatic City
The Tay is a dark and eerie river with an ignoble history of bridge disasters, whaling, pirating and shipwrecks. But its biggest surprise has yet to reach the surface, a Scottish Atlantis has thrived beneath the water this whole time. In this imaginative series of events, University of Dundee researchers will explore everything from sea monsters to Scottish folk songs, graphic novels to magic lanterns.
With a series of hands-on activities and immersive events, the University of Dundee is once again the Scottish hub for Being Human 2019, a Festival of the Humanities, with this year's theme Discoveries and Secrets.
Scheduled events this year include:
- The Aquatic City's Well of Ideas (14-23 Nov)
- Sea Creatures, Great and Small (16 Nov)
- All Aboard Me 'Arties! (16 Nov)
- The Tay Treasure Hunt and Beach Clean (17 Nov)
- 'What Lurks Beneath' (17 Nov)
- 'Song of the Sea' (17 Nov)
- 'River of Words' with the Wyvern Poets (20 Nov)
- 'Water Worlds' Comic Book Launch (21 Nov)
- Sails, Whales, and Tails! (22 Nov)
- Sails, Whales, and Tails! (23 Nov)
To learn more about how to get involved, whether as an individual or on behalf of a local organisation, please contact the Being Human Dundee team (email@example.com) and follow them on Twitter (@HumanDundee).
Find out more about the festival at www.beinghumanfestival.org.