We offer taught and research-based postgraduate degrees in British, European and American history from the early modern period to the present which attract full-time and part-time postgraduate students from the UK and overseas.
Our taught degrees are MLitt (Master of Letters) or MRes (Master of Research), and can be taken either full-time (1 year) or part-time (2 years). Some of our students are taking a course as PhD preparation, others for career development, and some for general interest.
Please follow the links below for more information about each degree course, including how to apply information:
History Masters – on campus
- MLitt in History - This degree offers flexible study, either full-time (1 year) or part-time (2 years). Covering the history of Scotland, Europe, India, Africa and North America, the teaching is organised around research clusters in Global History, Scottish History and Public History. Critical issues in the history of social justice, crime and policing, political, cultural, military, economic and social history are explored, all taught by research specialists.
- MRes in History - Thinking of undertaking a PhD or simply wish to develop your skills in a particular area of historical research? Our History MRes, with a tailor-made research plan to suit your individual research interests and skill needs, offers the ideal opportunity.
- Scottish History - examine the major topics and historiography of Scottish history
You may also be interested in courses taught by the Centre for Archive and Information Studies.
Find out more about our postgraduate research degrees.
To find out more ...
- Visit the relevant course pages on the online University Prospectus to find out:
- academic entrance requirements
- English Language requirements
- full details about what you will study
- fees information
- how to apply
- Find out about scholarships available for History students
- Read about the postgraduate culture in the School of Humanities
- Our one-stop compact city campus - virtually traffic-free, with attractive landscaped spaces
- Discover the City of Dundee - small and friendly