HIC Service’s procedures are designed to ensure HIC processes personal data safely and securely and in compliance with the Data Protection Act 1998. HIC’s legal requirements are summarised within the 8 Data Protection Principles.
The 8 Data Protection Principles
(Data Protection Act 1998)
2. Personal data shall be obtained only for one or more specified and lawful purposes, and shall not be further processed in any manner incompatible with that purpose or purposes (HIC Services SOP 01, HIC Services SOP 02)
4. Personal data shall be accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date (HIC Services SOP 01, )
5. Personal data processed for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes (HIC Services SOP 04)
7. Appropriate technical and organisational measures shall be taken against unauthorised or unlawful processing of personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, personal data (HIC Services SOP 01, HIC Services SOP 02 Data Access approvals, HIC Services SOP 05 CIB Security)
8. Personal data shall not be transferred to a country or territory outside the European Economic Area (EU Member States + Iceland, Lichtenstein & Norway) unless that country or territory ensures an adequate level of protection for the rights and freedoms of data subjects in relation to the processing of personal data