Welcome events for the whole University community
Updated on 15 January 2021
As well as events for your course and subject, during September and January we arrange a range of social events to welcome you to the University, and the city of Dundee
If you have not already booked travel for your return to, or arrival in Dundee, then please follow the advice of the First Minister not to travel until such time as you have face-to-face teaching or an essential reason to be on campus.
Watch our Official Welcome from the Principal and Vice-Chancellor Professor Iain Gillespie.
Open House Welcome event
Meet members of Student Services staff, socialise, chat and meet other new students. Warm up with a free hot drink and cookies.
- Monday 11 January 10:00-11:00 - online via Teams
Meet, Mix and Socialise Online Social with Peer Connections
Join our online meeting hosted by the Peer Connectors to meet and chat with other new students.
- Tuesday 12 January 18:30-19:30 - online via Teams
- Thursday 14 January 16:00-17:00 - online via Teams
- Tuesday 19 January 18:30-19:30 - online via Teams
Disability Services Drop-In appointment
This is an online drop-in session for all new students who would like to find out more about the services and facilities offered by Disability Services. Staff will be available to arrange confidential meetings with a Disability Adviser. Pre-book your slot by emailing email@example.com
- Wednesday 13 January 14:00-16:00 - book your appointment by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
Gateway to Postgraduate Study
This live online workshop will introduce you to the postgraduate academic culture at the University of Dundee and provide you with a space to share your goals, expectations and questions about being a postgraduate student. Potential topics for discussion include the postgraduate culture, time management and organisation, research skills, and writing and communicating research at PG level.
- Friday 15 January 09:30-11:00 - online via Blackboard Collaborate
Regular weekly informal online meetings hosted by Peer Connectors where University of Dundee International Students can come and practice conversational English speaking skills and improve their understanding of the English language. Share your culture. All welcome - whether international student or not.
- Thursday 21 January 18:00-19:00 - online via Teams
- Thursday 28 January 18:00-19:00 - online via Teams
- Thursday 4 February 18:00-19:00 - online via Teams
- Thursday 11 February 18:00-19:00 - online via Teams
- Thursday 18 February 18:00-19:00 - online via Teams
- Thursday 25 February 18:00-19:00 - online via Teams
Welcome to the Library & Learning Centre
Find out about the services and facilities which support the learning, teaching and research activities of the University - on Microsoft Sway
Meet the library
Come and find out about your library. Find out what it can offer and how you can use it.
- Thursday 14 January 2020 12:00 - online via Blackboard Collaborate
- Friday 15 January 2020 12:00 - online via Blackboard Collaborate
Unfortunately we are not able to offer in-person campus tours under current restrictions, however, we welcome you to join University museum curator Matthew Jarron on a walking tour around the University of Dundee's city campus, visiting some of the older buildings and exploring the history of the University and some of its early professors.
- Wellbeing and Support
- A Taste of Scottish Culture
Local supermarket tour
City campus is within walking distance of many supermarkets. We've highlighted a few in this video.