Welcome events for Centre for Archives and Information Studies students
Updated on 24 May 2022
What you need to do, and when during your first week for these courses starting in May 2022
Matriculation is where you officially register as a student with the University of Dundee, to allow you to attend classes and access facilities such as the Library and My Dundee. You'll be asked to matriculate at the start of every academic year while you are a student.
- Before you start your course we will send an email to your student email address with a link to eVision.
- You will be asked to complete a series of steps to confirm some information we hold about you, or enter this information if it was not supplied in your application.
- Please also take a moment to make sure your address details are correct and up to date. Even if you are staying in temporary accommodation we will need local contact details - your address can be updated in eVision later if you move.
- You will also need to agree to the University’s Code of Conduct and Declaration.
- The final stage of the task will confirm you are a fully matriculated student with the University.
You will be able to check your matriculation status via the Student Profile tab.
Your student ID card
Have you uploaded your photo to eVision?
Once you have completed the matriculation task, you will be able to collect your physical student ID card, which:
- verifies your status as a student of the University of Dundee
- provides access to the library and other buildings as required
- entitles you to a range of student discounts
Once you have received it, you should carry it with you and produce it on request at any time while you are on the University campuses. You should not let anyone else use it.
Please check your emails for updates on where and when to collect your student ID card.
There is a compulsory live Welcome event. This will be hosted by the Programme Manager, Dr Craig Gauld, who will provide an overview of the Virtual Learning Environment (VLE), explain what is expected of you as a student, and to welcome you to your studies with CAIS.
You are expected to attend one of the following sessions:
- Thursday 5 May 18:00-19:30
- Saturday 7 May 10:00-11:30
A link to this session will be emailed to you at least 7 days prior to the event.
You can email CAISApply@dundee.ac.uk