Connect to VPN on macOS
Updated on 2 December 2022
How to install and use the VPN to get remote access to secure services on your Mac. The VPN is only for use when off campus.
Find out when you need to use it before connecting as many of our services no longer require the VPN
How to install
The way you install the VPN depends on whether your Mac is managed or unmanaged/personal. Once installed, the VPN will appear in your Applications folder. It doesn't leave an icon in the menu bar.
You need to have Java installed on your Mac for the VPN to work. This comes in your download if you're a managed Mac user. If you're not, you need to take extra steps to install it.
- Search Self Service for the VPN and click INSTALL (the install includes a Java download)
- Wait until you get a pop-up saying your install was successful
- The new Connect Tunnel VPN client is now available in your Applications folder
First install the Connect Tunnel client:
- Install the latest version of the SonicWall Client for macOS from the App Store
- Enter your Mac password (don't use your University login details here)
How to connect
To log in to SonicWall VPN:
- Go into your Applications folder and click on the Connect Tunnel VPN client or SonicWall Mobile Connect client
- Click Connect
- A new browser window will open in a separate tab. You will receive the same MFA prompt as if logging into your University Microsoft365 email. Enter your University login details (as described above)
- A page will appear asking that you enter your second login factor by text or Authenticator app, depending on your MFA setup.
- A SonicWall active browser will open in a separate tab. This will appear as 'Authentication is granted'. You can close this window as soon as you see the connected message appear.
For those who have already logged in using MFA on their University account, you will not be required to authenticate, and you will be automatically directed to the authentication granted browser window.
The first time you use the VPN you may be asked for some of the following information:
- Select the dropdown menu in the configuration field and select Add configuration
- Enter Dundee University in the Name field
- Enter vpn.dundee.ac.uk in the Server field
- Click Save the Connect to add the configuration
- Select Azure SAML in the Login Group field and click OK
Check your connection
You will see an icon in the menu bar at the top of the screen once you've logged in. If you hover your cursor over the icon, it'll let you know your connection status. Right-click on this icon and select Disconnect when you want to end your connection with the VPN.
Disconnect from the VPN
Remember to disconnect from the VPN when you have finished using it. Click the icon in your menu bar and click Disconnect.