School volunteer programme
Updated on 19 May 2022
The School Volunteer Programme provides opportunities for students to volunteer in both primary and secondary schools in the Dundee City Council area.
Volunteering on the programme provides a fantastic opportunity to gain valuable work experience in a classroom setting and provides the opportunity to develop transferrable skills.
This partnership between the University of Dundee and Dundee City Council, will for the academic year 2022/23, focus on supporting school pupils whose first language is not English.
Please note that there is no requirement for you to speak a second language in order to volunteer for the programme.
In order to volunteer, you must:
- be a matriculated student
- commit to 4 hours volunteering per week (one half day) for a minimum of one school term in the 2022/23 school year
We are currently accepting applications from students who would like to volunteer in the academic year 2022/23. The application process involves:
- completing the Student Volunteer Application Form
- attending a Volunteer Workshop (one hour in duration)
- completing an application for a PVG (the cost of this will be met by the University of Dundee)
To apply for a place on the School Volunteer Programme, please follow the link to the Careers Portal and select the School Volunteer Programme Pathway.