Stay at home, save lives | Coronavirus updates and guidance
Library services during coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic
Information on building closures, existing loans, and availability of online resources for staff and students
On this page
Main, Kirkcaldy, and DJCAD Libraries are now closed until further notice
The Main Library, Kirkcaldy Library, and DJCAD Library are now closed until further notice.
Robertson Trust Library Medical Library at Ninewells Hospital remains open for year 4 and 5 MBChB students and years 3 and 4 Nursing students only who are preparing to join the fight against COVID-19, as well as University staff and our partners in the NHS who are also engaged in essential medical work.
Other Students and Staff not involved must not be present at the Ninewells Library and not visit the Ninewells campus
Access to physical books
You can no longer borrow new physical books while the libraries are closed.
Our Digital Skills team will help you locate appropriate online resources for your topic or subject: email email@example.com
Who do I contact to get help during the crisis?
- If you need help to locate resources or undertake literature searches of our online content, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you're having technical trouble accessing e-resources email email@example.com
- You can use the live chat function on the Library web pages to chat with library staff
Current loans and your library account
- All current loans have been extended to 1 June 2020, this will be extended further if required.
- Any fines due to late returns during the closure will be waived.
- You may receive or have already received emails about returning books or fines - these can be ignored for now.
- You cannot request a recall from another borrower as there is no safe way to return / collect books
Buying new books
We can still purchase most books and other resources which you might need, however during the closure we will only purchase electronic resources as there may be limited or no access to physical versions during the crisis.
For new online / ebook requests and queries, send your
- full name
- staff or student ID details
- and details of the ebook required
We can only accept requests from your @dundee.ac.uk email account.
Finding ebooks in the Library
Most of our ebooks can be found via the Library Search box.
Alternatively you can browse current ebook collections - instructions are available via the ebook subject guide.