Connect to the University's wired (via ethernet cable) on macOS
Updated on 7 July 2023
For anyone not using a Managed Mac Desktop (a non-managed device). If you're using a managed desktop, you don't need to follow this connection guidance as your device has been configured for you.
Install 802.1x profile
First download the 802.1x user.mobileconfig zip folder to add the profile, then:
- Uncompress the 802.1x user.mobileconfig.zip folder
- Double click the 802.1x user.mobileconfig file
- You'll be presented with a window, click Continue
- You'll be prompted to confirm, click Continue
- You'll then be prompted to enter your login credentials
Log in details
Use your University password and full username when asked, not your email address.
- You'll be prompted for and need to enter the local administrator/user password to progress with the install
- The profile will then install and when complete you'll be returned to the profile information page
- This can then be closed and your device should now obtain an untrusted (but still valid) IP address
Changing your password
You need to make a change on your macOS to continue to get internet access (via wired network) each time you change your University password.