Create an online meeting in Microsoft Teams
Microsoft teams allows for voice, video, and chat meetings along with screen sharing and live document editing
Use these instructions to replace scheduled recurring Skype for Business meetings in advance of the transition to Teams on 28 April 2020
Create a meeting in Teams
- Sign into Microsoft Teams
- Click on the Calendar icon on the Microsoft Teams left Sidebar
- In the upper right corner, click the “+ New meeting” button
- When the new meeting window opens, fill in the following fields:
- Invite People
- Check the Repeat box
- Enter meeting data/time/recurrence information
- Click on Schedule.
- Calendar invitations to the recurring meeting will be sent to all invitees.
View the Microsoft article Schedule a Teams meeting from Outlook to schedule a recurring meeting in Outlook using the Microsoft Teams plugin.
Meetings with external clients
You will only be able to schedule meetings using Teams
- If the external clients use Teams at their organisation, they can join meetings using Teams.
- If they do not use Teams, they will still be able to join a meeting by following a link to the web version of Teams using supported browser (Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Firefox, and Internet Explorer).
- If you are invited to a ‘Skype for Business’ meeting, you will join by a using a ‘Join Meeting Only’ version of Skype that is part of Teams.
Chat or call with the personal version of Skype
Microsoft is working on 'Public Skype' and Teams interoperability, although we don’t have exact date for this feature.
Existing Skype for Business contacts
Your contacts and contact groups in Skype for Business will be migrated to Teams on the migration day. To find your existing contacts in Teams:
- Click or tap the Chat tab on the left
- There are two links near the top left of the screen: Recent and Contacts
- Your Skype for Business contacts and groups are in the Contacts tab