Stay at home, save lives | Coronavirus updates and guidance
Change user roles in a Collaborate Room
How to change the permissions levels of users in Blackboard Collaborate
On this page
While running a Collaborate session, you may want to change a participant's settings during the session.
If you have set up the room so that participants don't have permission to access the microphone or webcam, changing these settings can allow a single user who has entered as a participant to speak, share video, or share their screen.
1. Open the Attendees Panel (for more information on where to find this, look at the guide for Getting started with Collaborate)
2. Find the user you want to give the ability to share audio, video, their screen, or a file.
3. Click on the three dots next to the user.
4. In the menu, select Make Presenter
The 'Presenter' role and 'Moderator' role are nearly identical, except a moderator can create polls, create break-out rooms and adjust users settings (as in this guide), including removing people from the session.
5. When you are ready for that user to return to 'Participant' status, simply repeat these steps and choose Make Participant from the menu.
Centre for Technology and Innovation in Learninghelp4u@dundee.ac.uk