More details on travelling overseas on University business can be found on the Safety Services webpage

  1. Work-related travel must be approved by the Head of Department/School or (for academic staff) in accordance with the University's leave of absence procedure. In the case of the Principal, overseas travel will be approved by the Chairperson of Court.
  2. No member of staff should travel to a non-EU country without health and travel insurance. The Finance Office should be consulted for guidance if required.
  3. Members of staff visiting countries beyond the EU should contact the University Health Centre for general health advice and guidance on possible vaccinations; also, if appropriate, the Foreign & Commonwealth Office for advice on parts of the world which may be unusually hazardous for foreigners.
  4. Overseas travel at University expense should be undertaken by the cheapest possible route and carrier, where this is consistent with health, safety and efficiency.