What is Staff Council?
The Charter of the University of Dundee states that:
There shall be a Staff Council of the University which shall consist of all the staff of the University and such other members of the University as shall be designated by the Senatus. The Principal shall be Chairperson of the Staff Council.
The powers and functions of the Staff Council and all other matters relative thereto which it may be thought proper so to regulate shall be as prescribed in the Statutes or Ordinances.
Results of the Staff Council Standing Committee Elections 2017 can be found in Box:
Information on Staff Council can also be found in:
Regulations regarding elections to Court and Senatus Academicus by the Staff Council:
- Senate Regulations (Ordinance 18)
Representatives on Court and Senatus
Two representatives of the Council are elected from time to time to serve on the Court and the Senatus. The Council's current elected members on Court are Professor Tim Kelly and Phil Welsh and the current elected members on the Senatus are Dr Lucina Hackman and Professor Rami Abboud.
Staff Council Standing Committee
As stated in Ordinance 27, There shall be a Standing Committee of the Staff Council consisting of twenty?one members.
Each School shall elect two members, one of whom shall be and one of whom shall not be an academic member of staff.
The Professional Services shall elect three members.
The functions of the Standing Committee shall be as follows:
- to prepare the agenda for meetings of the Staff Council;
- to advise concerning the calling of Special Meetings of the Staff Council under Statute 15(3) and on the calling of meetings of the Staff Council outside term time;
- such other functions as the Staff Council may from time to time determine.
Regulations regarding the election of Staff Council Standing Committees:
- Academic Council Regulations found on University Calendar web page (these regulations were made under Ordinance 27)
Meetings of the Standing Committee in 2018
- 5th February 2018
- 3rd April 2018
- 30th October 2018