The Senate is chaired by the Principal and its membership comprises:
- the Principal
- the Vice-Principals, if any
- the Deputy Principals, if any
- two members of Academic Council elected by the Council
- the President and two other Officers of the Students' Association nominated by the Students' Association
- such other student representatives as the Court, on the recommendation of the Senatus, may from time to time determine
- a minimum number of fifty-one Professors, Readers, Senior Lecturers and Lecturers who shall be elected in accordance with such procedures, and who shall hold office for such period and on such conditions, as may be prescribed by Ordinance.
Provided always that not less than two-thirds of the total number shall be Professors.
- such other Professors, Readers, Senior Lecturers, Lecturers and officers of the University as the Court, on the recommendation of the Senatus, may from time to time determine and who shall hold office for such period and on such conditions as the Court shall decide.