The directorate of Academic & Corporate Governance is responsible for the support of a wide range of functions including:
- servicing the Court, the Senatus Academicus and their Committees, and taking forward the development of policy and procedures initiated by those bodies
- servicing the Academic Council and Graduates’ Association
- maintaining the governance instruments of the institution (Charter, Statutes and Ordinances)
- maintaining the University's policies, procedures and regulations in relation to corporate and academic matters
- providing advice and guidance including legal advice, on learning & teaching and employment issues in the context of University policies, procedures and regulations and any other issues requiring legal advice.
Learning & Teaching
- support the development of Learning & Teaching strategy and practice through the Vice-Principal (Learning & Teaching).
- assuring the quality of learning and teaching and enhancing the student experience;
- supporting DUSA in the areas of student representation and the election of student officers; and
Early Dispute Resolution
- leading the Early Dispute Resolution (EDR) Initiative and service in the University.
- Recognition of prior learning
- Assessment Policy
- Risk Management & Business Continuity
- Early Dispute Resolution
- Invigilation of Exams
- Termination of Studies (Appeals)