FingerPrints Proteomics Facility
FingerPrints provides a state of the art Proteomics and Mass Spectrometry capability to researchers at the University of Dundee and to external academic and industrial clients across the globe.
School of Life Sciences
University of Dundee
Dundee, DD1 5EH, Scotland, UK
Please get in touch if you would like to discuss your project with us.
The facility provides state of the art proteomics and mass spectrometry capability to researchers across the School, the wider University and further afield, supporting external academic and industrial clients across the globe.
The facility has a long established reputation for providing an efficient, reliable service as well as providing expertise and advice on all aspects of proteomics and mass spectrometry.
The facility offers a range of services, including:
- General Proteomics Services (sample preparation advice and gel analysis)
- General ESI-MS and MALDI-TOF-MS analysis
- Accurate Protein and Protein ± PTMs Mass Estimation (whole protein MW analysis)
- Protein Identification by 1D nanoLC-MS-MS (Low pH HPLC)
- Protein Identification by 2D nanoLC-MS-MS (High pH RPC sub-fractionation prior to Low pH HPLC)
- Phosphorylation Site Mapping
- Single Protein and Global Phosphoproteomics analysis
- Ti 4+ IMAC HP /Zr 4+ IMAC HP Phosphopeptide enrichment
- Quantitative Proteomics Services (SILAC, TMT/TMTpro (6/10/16plex) and Label Free)
- Targeted MS based Analysis (SRM/MRM and PRM)
We are also pleased to offer the following additional services:
- SRM/MRM for small molecules (TSQ Quantiva)
- SPS-MS3 (TMT) (Eclipse* and Fusion Tribrids) with RTS*
- DIA – Data Independent Acquisition (Exploris 480 and 5 of the Q-Exactives)
- Spectral Library Based DIA Analysis
- Hybrid Library Based DIA Analysis
- Direct DIA Analysis
The facility benefits from 17 operational MS systems, including:
- 1 Cyclic IMS with Acquity UHPLC
- 1 Eclipse Tribrid (UVPD) with RSLC Nano UHPLC
- 1 Exploris 480 with RSLC Nano UHPLC
- 2 Fusion Tribrid (ETD) with RSLC Nano UHPLC
- 1 Q-Exactive HF with RSLC Nano UHPLC
- 7 Q-Exactive Plus with RSLC Nano UHPLC
- 1 LTQ Orbitrap Velos Pro with RSLC Nano UHPLC
- 1 LTQ Orbitrap XL with Advion NanoMate Interface (2012)
- 1 TSQ Quantiva Triple Quad with RSLC nano UHPLC (2014)
- 1 Bruker Autoflex Speed MALDI-TOF (2014)
We also have a range of fractionation methods available:
- SCX, SAX, HILIC and high pH RPC
- 3 ThermoFisher Preparative HPLC systems (U3000s with automated fractionation)
- 2 ThermoFisher KingFisher Robotic Prep Systems (Automated T4+IMAC, PAC and SP3)
- 1 TECAN Resolvex 200 for automated S-trap sample preparation
Supporting your research
If you’d like to find out more about how we can support your research, please get in touch to discuss your project further.
All work with external clients is undertaken in accordance with our standard Terms & Conditions.
Head of the Fingerprints Proteomics Facility
+44 (0)1382 email@example.com