EEE - Efficient & Effective Email
Too much email – that was one of the results of the University’s Structures and Culture Review. Consider these guidelines when you need to communicate, to help reduce the amount of email, and make sure your message gets through.
- Do I need to email, or will a quick telephone call/meeting suffice?
If email is best:
- Consider your subject line to encourage opening.
- Limit your word count to ensure your message is simple to read and easy to understand.
- Have a clear call-to-action (if required).
- Who is the recipient?
- Will they know the background or is this the first time they’ve heard about it?
- Is it their priority too?
- Are they even at their desk?
- Do you have the correct email address?
- Will your mailing list target the exact group you want to reach?
- Do you really need to ‘reply all’?
- How much are you forwarding?
- Don’t expect a response immediately, particularly during out-of-hours.
- Consider your tone and choose your words wisely.
We’d like your feedback - please send any comments to the Internal Communications Team email@example.com