These pages are designed for University of Dundee staff & students, if you are looking for information about our courses, please visit our external site.
What we do
Student Recruitment and Admissions handle applicants from Enquiry through to Application and Matriculation. Thereafter students are supported by Academic Schools, Student Support Services and Registry
Our core activities relate to:
- Undergraduate courses
- Taught Postgraduate courses
- Research degrees
- UK applicants
- EU applicants
- International applicants
- Students elsewhere who are coming on an exchange or visiting programme
- University of Dundee students or staff who are planning an exchange or visiting programme
- Access & Participation activities, including DUAL Summer School
We do not currently process applications for distance learning or CPD courses, but we assist with the marketing of them via the University website.
Who we are
Director of Student Recruitment and Admissions – Dr Shane Collins
Admissions and Applicant Experience
- Admissions and Applicant Experience are a centralised team of specialist professionals responsible for interactions with applicants from the point of application to matriculation.
- The team covers Undergraduate Admissions, Postgraduate Admissions (Taught and Research), Go Abroad Team (Study Abroad and Partnerships) and Applicant Experience (on campus applicant events and activities)
- The team endeavours to offer a leading applicant experience with a focus on excellence in customer service across 30,000 applications each year.
Access and Participation
Access & Participation raise awareness, aspiration and access to University of Dundee degrees. We:
- encourage those who might not otherwise benefit from earning a degree
- expand opportunity and progression, through carefully targeted educational provision
- influence local and national access and inclusion policy
We do this through a range of nationally recognised activities including:
- Access Summer School – preparing and qualifying applicants for degree entry
- the Reach and ACES Projects – helping more pupils enter high demand degrees
- enhancing fair access to study – through contextual admissions, including support for applicants who are care experienced or carers
- working closely with partners – projects include Discovering Degrees for Schools, City Campus, the ECU Attracting Diversity project
For more information please visit our widening access pages.
Global Engagement and Recruitment
The Global Engagement and Recruitment Team is responsible for International and UK/Europe Student Recruitment.
We support the University by:
- Developing the UK’s leading approach to global student recruitment
- Managing the quality and flow of applications globally coming into our various fee groups (Scot/EU, MD20, RUK, Overseas)
- Focus on managing and prioritising markets both in the UK and overseas:
- Through a customer focused approach to both prospective students and stakeholders (e.g. agents, school counsellors)
- Working with key partners (Oxford International (ICD), UoD Schools, British Council, HELOA, Universities Scotland) to identify opportunities
- Building an expert knowledge of regional intelligence to direct our activities
- Through key activities e.g. fairs, agent events, school workshops, pre-application open days, stakeholder dinner / conferences, working with alumni and academics in market
- Engaging our enquirers and offer holders to ensure conversion to matriculation in market e.g. pre-departure events, applicant & parent meetings
- Monitoring recruitment performance and coordinating recruitment activity across the University
- Working closely with teams across ER and wider University to exceed targets
Enquirer and Applicant Communications
The Enquirer and Applicant Communications Team is responsible for Student Recruitment Marketing, Management Information and Market Research, Operations, Enquiries and International Engagement.
We support the University by:
- Delivering customer-focused, timely, effective and compliant communications and interactions with both enquirers and applicants across multiple channels (face to face, online, etc.) to ensure engagement with the University and to maximise conversion both from Enquiry to Application and from Offer to Matriculation.
- Managing business systems to deliver business processes and communications related to student recruitment and admissions on schedule.
- Using data and research to produce meaningful reports which inform strategic decisions across the institution.
- Working closely with Business Transformation to ensure efficient business processes with a strong customer experience focus and excellent reporting capabilities.