Scottish Mental Health First Aid Course- 2days
Start Date: 16/5/2018
End Date: 16/5/2018
Dalhousie 1G06 Add to Calendar Organiser: Disability Services www.smhfa.com
This is a 2 day interactive course taking place on 16 May adnd 23 May, and you must be able to attend both days.
By the end of the course participant will:
• Have an understanding of mental health problems including depression, anxiety, panic attacks, psychosis, self-harm and suicide.
• Know how to recognise if someone is experiencing a mental health problem
• Have practised skills to help a person who is developing a difficulty with their mental health
• Be able to support people to access appropriate help, including both professional support and evidence based self- help strategies
• Have explored the relationship between mental health and alcohol and drugs and other health related behaviours and lifestyle choices.
Booking is essential. To book a place please email Disability Services firstname.lastname@example.org.
Further information can be found at www.smhfa.com.