- Are you interested in undertaking research with us that will enhance your doctoral work? Do you want to enrich your potential as a professional enabling you to make a positive difference to your profession?
- Are you interested in studying at one of the world’s top 200 universities? (Times Higher Education Rankings 2018)
If YES, we are interested in hearing from you
Our Visiting Doctoral Scholars programme is unique and aims to support those who wish to expand their study base, gaining an enhanced insight into their doctoral study theme whilst studying in a new context and environment, while enriching their research network.
We support early career academics and professionals from different disciplines, especially those who value inter-professional collaboration within the contexts of education, social work, community learning and development, and educational psychology.
Join our ever growing research community who originate from all over the world. You can draw on our support academically and non-academically.
We provide Research Methods and Generic Skills Training and will assign you two relevant supervisors who will meet with you regularly. Guidance can also be drawn from other relevant members of staff with specific expertise. We also have a very engaging seminar programme that you can contribute to or gain experience from.
Visiting Doctoral Scholars also have access to all our student facilities including the School’s own doctoral student office accommodation, high quality IT facilities, telephones, library, and printing/photocopying.
Visiting Scholars normally stay with us for up to six months at a time.
There is a broad range of research interests in education and the caring professions within the School.
- Centre for Peer Learning
- Centre for Transformative Change: Educational and Life Transitions (TCELT)
- The WhiteTop Research Unit
If you have any enquiries about the Visiting Doctoral Scholars programme including fee information please contact:
- Tel No: +44(0)1382 381521
- Email: email@example.com
When you apply to our Visiting Doctoral Scholars programme you will be asked to provide information on:
- your research proposal;
- current status and progress of your PhD;
- what you are expecting to do at Dundee;
- evidence of IELTS 6.5 in every component or equivalent;
- your CV; and,
- references from your academic supervisors.