Energy and environment
Reducing carbon emissions, reusing furniture, and recycling our waste is just the beginning of our goal to become more environmentally aware.
We are developing our Net Zero approach to meet Scottish Government Targets and this includes critical investment in renewable energy sources and lifting our building standards to Passiv Haus and EnerPHit.
Day to day energy and environment activities include increasing our recycling rates, re-use of furniture and our free-shop for previously loved items, plus allotments and green travel initiatives.
- Biodiversity at the university
- Environmental and Sustainability Policy Statement
- Interim Carbon Management Plan
Energy and carbon saving
- Building Energy Consumption data and carbon footprint
- Carbon Management Programme and UCCCfS
- Dundee University Utility Supply Company (DUUSCO)
- Good housekeeping practices to save your department carbon and money
- Energy saving at work
- Register for sustainable labs
- Applying for a bike through Cycle Solutions
- Book a bike from our bike pool
- Charge your electric car on campus
- Cycle parking regulations
- Liftshare website - University of Dundee group
Recycling and waste
Environment groups and enquiries
Staff at Dundee University are gearing up for a pilot scheme that will see electric bikes used to get around campus.
Dundee’s two universities have been named in the top tier of UK higher education institutions for their commitment to sustainable transportation and electric vehicle infrastructure.
The planting of two ‘Trees of Hope’ symbolises the University of Dundee’s commitment to equitable working with partners in Africa.
The city-wide Bonnie Dundee group won a gold award this year for their work on the wildflower project