The University of Dundee's membership of the new Charter in September 2015 represents the University's commitment to gender equality for all within the University of Dundee community.
The University of Dundee applied for an Athena SWAN Bronze award in November 2013 which was awarded in April 2014. We subscribed to the new Charter in 2015 and were awarded a University Bronze Award 2017 under the new, expanded charter terms, in 2017.
This award demonstrates the University’s commitment to Athena SWAN and the progression of women in academic careers in STEMM subjects. Holding an institutional award also allows groups within the University to apply for their own departmental Athena SWAN awards.
As the University of Dundee was a Bronze award holder (University of Dundee Bronze Award Submission 2013), and obtained a Bronze award under the post-May 2015 regulations in April 2017 (conferred November 2017). This enables "departments" within the institution to apply for their own awards (redacted application to be published shortly).
All five of our STEMM Schools are current award holders and all four of our AHSSBL Schools are working towards their own applications in the forthcoming cycles.
See our Department award applications and action plans here:
Current Departmental Awards
- Computing Application April 2015 (Formerly School of) - Bronze awarded October 2015
- Engineering, Physics and Mathematics Application April 2015 (Formerly School of) - Bronze awarded October 2015
- Centre for Anatomy & Human Identification (CAHID) - Bronze awarded April 2015
Computing, Engineering, Physics and Mathematics and CAHID now work together under the School of Science and Engineering umbrella.
- School of Life Sciences (Formerly College of) - Bronze awarded April 2015
- College of Medicine, Dentistry and Nursing & Midwifery (now, Schools of Medicine, Dentistry and Nursing & Health Sciences) - Bronze awarded September 2014 and Health Schools' joint Athena SWAN application conferred April 2017.
We have Athena SWAN activity in all of our STEMM and AHSSBL Schools and two applications pending (April 2018 round).
There is lots of Athena SWAN activity and progress across the University - read our Athena SWAN Annual Report 2016 as well as our more recent applications for updates.